I got the following error when trying to run an application that was created in Eclipse on Android Studio.
Could not find any version that matches com.android.support:appcompat-v7:+.
This is what I did to fix it.
1. Ensure that you close Android Studio.
2. If you have not already done so download the SDK as per http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html click on the Download the SDK button
3. Extract to your C:\
4. Now navigate to C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917\sdk and copy all content within the directory
5. Paste and replace the files located in “C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Android\android-studio\sdk” (This is the default installation directory so if you installed it elsewhere you would obviously need to change your path)
6. Open Android Studio and run your project again.
If this was helpful please click on the STAR rating and give me a thumbs up, you can also comment below 🙂
Have a good one!! Cheers!