Let me show you how to delete a snapshot in Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager
This will be a very quick tutorial to show you how to delete a snapshot in Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager
I am running Ubuntu 14.04 but this should be the same for all versions of Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager.
So let me show you how:
1. Open Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager
2. Select the Virtual Box that you would like to delete the snapshot of
3. On the right hand side click on Snapshots
4. Select the snapshot in the middle pane
5. Right click the snapshot and click Delete Snapshot
6. Now you will get a prompt to confirm that you would like to delete it with a message as follow:
Deleting the snapshot will cause the state information saved in it to be lost, and storage data spread over several image files that VirtualBox has merged in one file. This can be a lengthy process, and the information in the snapshot cannot be recovered.
Are you sure you want to delete the selected snapshot Snapshot Name?
7. If you are sure click the Delete button
Now the snapshot will be gone and you can continue with this process for all remaining snapshots that you wish to delete. If you would like to increase the disk size of an existing Virtual machine please click on the title to go to another blog post that I did “Virtualbox increase disk size” explaining the steps in detail. Also note that before going to that article you will need to delete all snapshots for the virtual machine that you wish to increase the disk size of as you will not be able to perform the action with remaining snapshots.
If this was helpful please consider a donation or giving me a thumbs up and rating on the STARS
Thank you for following my tutorial. You can click here for more Ubuntu Tutorials.