General help and info provided by Helewix.com Consultants
|« Change Options within SecureNetTerm to function like NetTerm||New Expert Exchange Certificate Received »|
The following will describe how to remove a Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Controller using DCPROMO. We will also presume that this is NOT the last domain controller in your environment.
1. Connect to the Domain Controller that you wish to perform the DCPromo on.
2. Click Start type CMD then right click on cmd and click "Run as administrator"
3. If the User Account Control box appears click continue
4. In command prompt type dcpromo and press Enter
5. Now the Active Directory Domain Services Installation Wizard will open, op the Welcome screen click Next
6. If this domain controller is also a Global Catelog you will get the following Warning Message, just press OK
7.The Delete the Domain box appears (Because this is not the last domain controller in our environment we will just proceed by clicking Next
8. Now if you had DNS Setup on the Domain Controller as well you will get the following window in order to delete the DNS Delegation on the server as well. Click Next
9. Now enter the Domain Admin credential and click OK
10. Next you will be required to insert the local administrator password that the server will have after the DC Promo has been completed. Insert any password you want it to be and click Next
11. Now the Summary window will appear, simply click Next
12. Next the Wizard will start removing the roles, which looks like the below screen shot.
Just wait for the Wizard to complete, and reboot the server or select the box "Reboot on completion" for the server to reboot after the dcpromo has completed.
Also note that the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) binaries will remain installed after demotion of this domain controller. To uninstall the AD DS binaries, use Server Manager to remove the AD DS role.
Feel free to leave comments if this was helpful.
|<< <||> >>|